Figure of 41 deaths in Victoria includes 33 people who died in aged care but not reported until yesterday; legislation to extend but reduce jobkeeper and jobseeker payments will be considered by the Senate today. Follow all the latest news and updates, live
- Victoria announces 73 new cases and eight deaths in past 24 hours
- Follow the global live blog
- Australian stats interactive
- NSW cases map; NSW hotspots list; Qld hotspots list
- Victoria and Melbourne trend map
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
On that note, I am going to pass the blog off to Elias Visontay for the evening and go stare at a wall and rethink every decision which has led me to this moment.
I’ll be back tomorrow morning – it is party room day, so there should be something in that, and of course, we’ll have the latest on parliament and Covid. Hopefully we will hear a little more good news from Victoria as well.
I’ve asked how long it has been since a sitting was suspended because there was no quorum – it looks like it has been years, but I’ll let you know if I find out.