Legal battle brews over Holgate’s status while review carried out; Liberal MPs reject Qatar dinner invitation. Follow the latest live
- Legal battle brewing over Christine Holgate ‘stand aside’
- Follow our global coronavirus live blog
- Full Australian Covid stats; Covid restrictions state by state
- NSW hotspots list; Qld hotspots list
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s weekly coronavirus email
Joel Fitzgibbon, Labor’s agriculture and resources spokesman, has weighed in on ANZ’s new climate policies, which will see the bank move away from lending to coal-generating businesses and demand clear carbon transition plans from its biggest customers.
Fitzgibbon told ABC’s Patricia Karvelas he had sought assurances that ANZ’s policy would not adversely affect farmers, and called the new policies “obviously a bit of a pitch to shareholder activism”.
Well, the parliament is starting to wind down – there are a few spillover hearings for estimates tomorrow, but that is about it.
We will be back, of course, to take you through all the events of tomorrow, including the last full day of the Queensland election campaign.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Australia Post CEO Christine Holgate's lawyer says 'no grounds' for her to be stood down ———