- Former US president speaks at funeral for Lewis in Atlanta
- Trump calls for election delay, claiming mail-in votes will bring fraud
- Former presidential candidate Herman Cain dies from Covid-19
- Economy suffers worst quarter since second world war
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Kentucky election officials rejected 32,349 mail-in ballots during the state’s June 23 primary election, according to an analysis of state data obtained by the Guardian.
Even though the number of rejected ballots is just a small fraction of the more than 1m votes cast in Kentucky’s June primary, they still illuminate a potential problem for November, when the state has a closely-watched US senate race between Amy McGrath and Mitch McConnell.
Obama is now on a rush about the importance of voting. “We have to be honest with ourselves that too many of us do not exercise the right to franchise,” Obama said.
He says cynicism is a prime tactic used by those who want to keep people from voting.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Barack Obama praises John Lewis as 'a man of pure joy and unbreakable perseverance' – live ———