From midnight tomorrow night Melbourne businesses will be able to start reopening as restrictions ease. Follow all the latest updates
- Follow our global live blog
- Melbourne to ‘open up’, says Daniel Andrews
- Full Australian Covid stats; Covid restrictions state by state
- NSW cases map; Vic cases map
- NSW hotspots list; Vic hotspots list
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
Just on Michael O’Brien, an Ipsos poll conducted for the Age found his approval rating was 15% last week. Daniel Andrews’ was 52%.
This just released press statement from the Victorian opposition leader, Michael O’Brien, slightly dampens things:
Victorians will finally start to catch up to the rest of Australia next month, after almost half a year of lockdowns caused by the Andrews Labor government’s botched hotel quarantine program.