NSW and Victoria border closure announced as Covid-19 cases keep rising and Melbourne’s ‘hard’ lockdown of public housing towers continues. Follow the latest news
• Two more deaths in Victoria and 127 new cases of Covid-19
• Follow the global live blog here
• Victoria sends 500 police to contain virus in public housing high-rises
• Find all our coverage of the ‘hard lockdown’ in Melbourne
• Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
• Download the free Guardian app to get the most important news notifications
Coles has repurposed a supermarket in Coburg to package up 1,000 boxes of food, including bread, dairy products, fresh meat, meat substitutes, cereal, pasta, tinned food, biscuits, and toilet paper.
“Each of the boxes is intended to be enough to feed four people for three days, and include forms for residents to request specific supplies to be included in forthcoming deliveries,” Coles says in its press release.
Some more of the food being dropped into towers in Melbourne.
A milk chain gang pic.twitter.com/F2VbSOWK6v