- US comes close to new daily case record
- China: new coronavirus outbreak detected in Xinjiang city of Kashgar
- Dread of history repeating itself grows in Italy as infections rise again
- Which European nations are getting it right on Covid?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The news was greeted with tears, cheers and, at the afternoon school pick-up, a spontaneous concert of parents honking car horns in celebration.
In Australia, as the state of Victoria’s premier, Daniel Andrews, announced at 3.30pm on Monday that Melbourne’s months-long lockdown would (largely) come to an end, residents rejoiced.
Everyone was at home Brigid https://t.co/RG4W6pGOId
With the US election just over a week away, millions of Americans have been heading to the polls this fall with healthcare and drug prices as their top voting issue.
The United States’ massive, largely private and very expensive health industry has ranked as a top voter concern for years, and helped drive Democrats to victory in the midterm elections of 2018, when the party took control of the House of Representatives.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: China confirms 137 local cases as Spain enters state of emergency ———