- Bob Woodward rejects criticism he sat on Trump ‘deadly’ virus remarks
- US: teacher, 28, dies of Covid-19 as schools prepare for return
- Central Europe faces worse second wave after avoiding worst of first
- Oxford Covid-19 vaccine is still possible this year, says AstraZeneca chief
- See all our coronavirus coverage
In the UK, Tory former minister Steve Baker told just BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I think it is now time to say that this is not a fit legal environment for the British people.
“It’s time to move to a voluntary system – unless the government can demonstrate otherwise.
We’re running a story now about how Britain’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic continued in July as shops reopened and manufacturing activity resumed but the economy has recovered little more than half the ground lost since the onset of the crisis.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said gross domestic product (GDP), rose by 6.6% in July, continuing a rebound from the Covid-19 crisis as non-essential shops reopened and lockdown measures were relaxed.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: India reports daily tally of 96,000 cases, a global record ———