- Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Italy could ‘section’ people who refuse treatment for Covid-19
- Australia: Melbourne returns to six-week lockdown
- Several pubs in England close after positive coronavirus tests
- US coronavirus updates – live
The US has suffered 322 more deaths and registered 46,329 new cases in a day, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has said, taking the respective official totals to 130,133 and 2,932,596.
The Spanish government is still not able to say how many nursing home residents have died, according to a Health Ministry document seen by the Reuters news agency that puts the blame on a lack of good enough data from regional authorities.
The prime minister Pedro Sánchez has repeatedly pledged to disclose the impact on nursing homes, whose elderly residents are particularly vulnerable, but the document says it has been impossible to pinpoint the exact figure.