- South Australia premier fuming over pizza lie that put state in lockdown
- California enacts curfew for majority of state’s 40m residents
- Scientists race to find ‘warm’ Covid vaccine to solve issue of cold storage
- Arthritis drug appears to help Covid patients in ICU
- ‘Massive headache’: European leaders put off Christmas decisions
Coronavirus infections rose by 4,946 in a day, data from Swiss health authorities shows.
The total number of confirmed cases in Switzerland and neighbouring principality Liechtenstein increased to 290,601 and the death toll rose by 111 to 3,575, while 252 new hospitalisations added to the strain on the health care system.
A substantial part of the Spanish population will be vaccinated in the first half of 2021, the country’s prime minister Pedro Sánchez has claimed.
He said the government will unveil a vaccination plan next Tuesday but did not give any details. The government has created a special committee to establish who would be vaccinated first when a vaccine is available.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: Russia records worst day for new infections; India passes 9m cases ———