Josh Frydenberg says Daniel Andrews’ government has ‘a lot of questions to answer’ over its Covid-19 response, as NSW reports three new cases. Follow live
- Federal government criticises Victorian government’s Covid management
- Follow the global live blog
- Australian stats interactive
- NSW cases map; NSW hotspots list; Qld hotspots list
- Victoria and Melbourne trend map
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
The federal government laid out their own witnesses in this case, so I think that in this case, a retweet is an endorsement. But here is Matt Canavan explaining why the federal government never really supported the WA border challenge.
Or something. It’s been a long day.
I’m a bit worried that we’re entering into a situation that every time the Australian government seeks to join a case, it is then taken as some kind of approval of that case itself. It is the judicial equivalent of a retweet. You retweet something and it doesn’t mean you endorse the comments of it, and the same goes here.
I think it would have been better if the commonwealth stayed involved, but the politics got too hard.
Wear a mask, people.