- Hearing chairman: Trump has no strategy to protect people
- Maxine Waters: Cain contracted virus after attending Trump rally
- Plan to slash $600 lifeline threatens misery for millions
- Join us for an online event with Eric Holder to discuss voter suppression in the 2020 election, next Thursday at 5pm ET. Register now
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Florida has seen four successive days of record deaths from coronavirus.
The state has reported yet another record for Covid-19 deaths — 257 listed on Friday’s pandemic data report. Nearly 100 of the victims were from Miami-Dade County, the Sun-Sentinel reports.
Donald Trump is on his way to Florida, a down-and-back trip to Tampa.
He has an event with Florida sheriffs, participates in a roundtable on Covid response and storm preparedness (as a hurricane barrels towards the coast), and speaks at a fundraiser at a golf club in nearby Belleair.
Wheels up shortly to Tampa, Fla. pic.twitter.com/d0GGTByV0q
DeSantis is headed to Tampa for @realDonaldTrump’s visit, saying he’s going to request for an extension of the national guard in Florida to assist with COVID-19 response.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: House hearing finds US no closer to plan as coronavirus is 'raging out of control' – live ———