- Trump: ‘Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying, “This is a great thing happening for our country”’
- Biden: Trump’s remark was ‘despicable’
- Minneapolis to ban police chokeholds
- UN experts condemn modern-day ‘racial terror’ lynchings in US
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
The US park police acknowledged it was a “mistake” to say no tear gas was used on protesters near the White House on Monday, an incident that sparked international criticism of the federal government.
The US park police had confirmed in a statement earlier this week that officers deployed pepper balls against the peaceful protesters, but the agency claimed that weapon was not considered tear gas.
DC mayor Muriel Bowser responded to Trump calling her “incompetent” by criticizing the president’s response to the George Floyd protests.
“You know the thing about the pot and the kettle?” Bowser said of Trump’s tweet, during a press conference on the coronavirus crisis.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Trump's comment 'this is a great day' for George Floyd draws immediate outrage – live ———