This live blog is now closed. For all the latest coronavirus updates head over to our global blog
- Nottinghamshire facing ‘tier 3 plus’ from Friday
- Covid cases in hospitals ‘could pass spring peak in November’
- England coronavirus dashboard finds major gaps in data
- ‘Like 7/7 but for a month’: NHS teams during Covid
- Coronavirus global updates – live
Here’s a roundup of the key UK coronavirus developments over the past few hours:
Brighton and Hove is “very close” to the threshold where an escalation to tier 2 measures would be considered, the chair of the city’s health & wellbeing board has said.
Sue Shanks added: “It’s sensible for Brighton & Hove to start to plan for a move to tier 2 (high alert level) and think about what that would mean to all aspects of life.