- PM confirms Covid tier 3 restrictions for Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester: Burnham condemns ministers as talks collapse
- UK Covid death toll rises by 241 in highest daily increase for months
- 400,000 children in England off school for Covid-related reasons
- Global coronavirus updates – live
This just in from Labour leader Keir Starmer (tomorrow is an opposition day in the Commons):
The Government’s treatment of the North West has been a disgrace. It is treating millions of people with contempt.
Tomorrow Labour will force Parliament to vote for a fair deal for communities facing restrictions.
Hancock was challenged on the fact gyms in the Liverpool City Region have been forced to close, in contrast to other Tier 3 areas where they have not.
“Why don’t we have a conversation about it and see if we can make any progress?”, he responded.