Latest deaths from Covid-19 include a resident of the Dorothy Henderson Lodge and a passenger from the Ruby Princess. Follow all the latest news, live
- Follow our global coronavirus live updates
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s daily coronavirus email
- Download the free Guardian app to get the most important news notifications
- Your questions about Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules explained
- Have you encountered police enforcing social distancing laws?
- Coronavirus Australia maps and cases: live numbers and statistics
NSW has recorded three deaths overnight, bringing the state’s total death to 21.
A 90-year-old man who died in Liverpool Hosptial was a resident of the Opal Care aged facility in Bankstown. This is the second death at this facility.
NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced a $100m package to support frontline healthcare workers, including hotel accommodation.
She also announced an additional $35m dollars which will go towards Covid-19 research.
They want to protect their families, they want to protect their loved ones, and that’s why we’re offering free accommodation and free parking for our health workers so they don’t have to worry about taking the disease home, and unintentionally passing it on to their loved ones. At least that’s one less thing for them to have to worry about.