Federal parliament will meet on Wednesday to pass the $130bn wage subsidy scheme. Follow all the latest news, live
- Follow our global coronavirus live updates
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s daily coronavirus email
- Download the free Guardian app to get the most important news notifications
- Your questions about Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules explained
- Have you encountered police enforcing social distancing laws?
- Coronavirus Australia maps and cases: live numbers and statistics
Habits are hard to break.
There are reports NSW is considering relaxing restrictions on 1 May.
Gladys Berejiklian says it all depends on the health advice and says it is a balancing act.
We know that the restrictions are having an effect.
But it takes us a couple of weeks to get the data through the health experts to be able to advise us. So I don’t want to raise expectations, but at the same time, there could be a chance, if the health experts deem it appropriate for us, to look at some relaxations. It’s a rolling monthly basis that we’ll look at that.