State health minister says the man tested positive after his death and NSW government announces a pay freeze. Follow all the latest news, live
- 30-year-old Queensland man tests positive for Covid after his death
- NSW public servants to have 12-month pay freeze
- Follow the global live blog
- Download the free Guardian app to get the most important news notifications
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s daily coronavirus email
And if you haven’t seen this already, you should really check out the 750kg kookaburra sculpture created by a Townsville man during lockdown.
Dr Farvardin Daliri, an academic and artist, debuted the huge bird this week on the streets of Brisbane, and will soon take it north to the Townsville cultural festival.
Nev Power, the chairman of the government’s coronavirus commission is to be grilled by a Senate committee next Wednesday.
The National Covid-19 Coordination Commission is tasked with looking into options to recover from the coronavirus-induced economic meltdown and has so far said gas is the way to go.