Only Queensland residents or those with an exemption are authorised to enter the state as of today. Follow live updates
• Free childcare: what do the Australian government’s coronavirus changes mean for my family?
• Your questions about Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules answered
• Have you encountered police enforcing social distancing laws?
• Sign up for Guardian Australia’s daily coronavirus email
• Coronavirus Australia maps and cases: live numbers and statistics
• See all our coronavirus coverage
Gutwein on national cabinet discussing rent, says it’s important to get the right landing between landlords and renters, so that businesses can “reactivate” when on the other side of this crisis.
He says foreign workers and visa holders will also be discussed on how they can be supported.
Tasmanian premier Peter Gutwein said the current “Fortress Tasmania” restrictions will last for four weeks but could last for longer.
He says Tasmania is below the national daily rate of new confirmed coronavirus cases at around 5%.