- President and first lady to participate in Memorial Day ceremony in city
- Michael Cohen released from prison over coronavirus concerns
- US unemployment rises by 2.4m despite easing of lockdowns
- US has three months to rebuild medical supplies stockpile – Obama scientists
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Trump lashed out against Fox News over Twitter, complaining that the network “is doing nothing to help Republicans, and me, get re-elected on November 3rd,” which of course is not actually the job of a news outlet.
….Hahn, Richard Goodstein, Donna Brazile, Niel Cavuto, and many others. They repeat the worst of the Democrat speaking points, and lies. All of the good is totally nullified, and more. Net Result = BAD! CNN & MSDNC are all in for the Do Nothing Democrats! Fox WAS Great!
Neil Cavuto immediately launches into a fact-check of Trump’s comments re: hydroxychloroquine. pic.twitter.com/gaP8viSxzy
The Baltimore mayor is urging Trump to reconsider his planned visit to the Fort McHenry National Monument on Monday because the city remains under a stay-at-home order.
The White House announced last night that the president and first lady would participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at the site “to honor the American heroes who have sacrificed their lives serving in the US Armed Forces.”
Dear Mr. President @realDonaldTrump, please stay home! The City of Baltimore is currently under a Stay at Home order for the safety of our residents, who have been hit hard by #COVID19. pic.twitter.com/7FwrHIHyeX
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Baltimore mayor urges Trump to scrap visit due to coronavirus lockdown order – live ———