- President criticizes Republican governors who rescinded mask mandates
- Cuomo says he will not quit over sexual harassment allegations
- House leaders change voting schedule due to potential violence
- Biden backs narrower eligibility for stimulus checks
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
San Francisco will begin reopening more of its economy amid declining Covid-19 case rates, hospitalizations and deaths.
Starting on Wednesday, restaurants can start serving limited indoor dining and movie theaters, gyms and museums can reopen at restricted capacity.
After an introduction from Nancy Pelosi, Biden thanked her and other Congressional Democrats. “Nancy, I love you,” he said.
“Congressman Clyburn, I also want to note that was almost exactly a year ago today that you delivered the endorsement to me in South Carolina that meant so much to me in my campaign, you’re a great friend,” he said. Clyburn’s endorsement was pivotal in turning the Democratic primaries in Biden’s favor last year.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Biden accuses Republicans of 'Neanderthal thinking' for lifting mask mandates – live ———