Budget estimates continue with Australia’s coronavirus response on the agenda. Victoria’s hotel quarantine inquiry will reconvene for an extraordinary session while in NSW testing rates drop below 7,000. Follow all the latest updates
- Follow our global live blog
- Full Australian Covid stats; Covid restrictions state by state
- NSW cases map; Vic cases map
- NSW hotspots list; Vic hotspots list
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
Victoria’s chief health officer, Prof Brett Sutton, has issued a brief statement, following news earlier today regarding the extraordinary sitting of the hotel quarantine inquiry.
Asio director general Mike Burgess told the same hearing the Covid-19 pandemic had been used as a recruiting tool by some rightwing groups.
“They see the pandemic as proof of the failure of globalisation, multiculturalism and democracy and confirmation that societal collapse and a race war are inevitable.”