Man in his 30s becomes youngest person to die, as Australia records deadliest day; NSW reports 12 new cases and says residents returning from Victoria must go to hotel quarantine for 14 days. Follow all the latest news and updates, live
- How did Victoria get here?
- NSW residents returning from Victoria must go to hotel quarantine
- Queensland to enforce hard border closure with NSW and ACT
- Full Story podcast: How Covid laid bare the cracks in aged care system
- Melbourne’s stage 4 restrictions; Victoria stage 3 restrictions
- Australian stats interactive; Vic cases map; NSW cases map
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
And here is a timely explainer of those childcare changes announced today and what they actually mean:
O’Neil says that the government’s childcare announcement today is “lopsided”.
She says it’s good that parents have some added surety, but it is a “terrible situation” for workers.