Scott Morrison announces new reopening plan and aims to get 26,000 Australians stuck overseas home by Christmas, as anti-lockdown protest in Melbourne attracts crowd of about 300 protesters. Follow live
- Follow our global live blog
- Full Australian Covid stats; Covid restrictions state by state
- NSW cases map; Vic cases map
- NSW hotspots list; Qld hotspots list
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s weekly coronavirus email
Back to the United States, and a photo of Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell is making the rounds showing bruises and a bandage on his hand.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did not answer questions about his health, only saying there were “no concerns” despite visible bandages and bruises https://t.co/YHrrDvXO5s pic.twitter.com/hJ47xDimxl
Reports of a Brett Sutton cover-up is not backed up by the documentary trail, revealing a less-than-sinister reading of his actions.
The Victorian media have painted Sutton as attempting to prevent emails that contradicted his sworn evidence to be given to the state’s inquiry into hotel quarantine.