All over-50s in France can get jab from Monday; Germany attempting to shift AstraZeneca surplus; India peak may not be reached for weeks
- EU ‘ready to discuss’ waiver on Covid vaccine patents
- What is patent waiving and will it solve the global shortage?
- NHS Covid jab booking site leaks people’s vaccine status in UK
- Covid third wave ‘inevitable’ in India, say health experts
- Alberta battles worst Covid rate in North America
Just over 5.6m lateral flow device tests for Covid-19 were conducted in England in the week to 28 April, according to the latest Test and Trace figures – down slightly from 5.8m in the previous week.
LFD tests are swab tests that give results in 30 minutes or less without the need for processing in a laboratory.
This has been shared by the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa:
“With delays and shortages of vaccine supplies, African countries are slipping further behind the rest of the world in the #COVID19 vaccine roll-out, now accounting for only 1% of the vaccines administered worldwide. Down from 2% a few weeks ago.” – Dr @MoetiTshidi
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live: all over-50s in France eligible for vaccine from Monday; AZ jab to be available to all German adults ———