Austria to ban direct flights from UK from 1 June; officials insist US move will not complicate preparations for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Oxygen shortages threaten ‘total collapse’ of dozens of health systems
- Vaccine hesitancy could see Hong Kong throw away millions of doses
- US tells citizens to avoid travel to Japan due to Covid outbreak
- Health chiefs seek urgent answers on travel advice for England hotspots
- Afghanistan’s doctors braced for rapid spread of India variant
Australian celebrity chef turned conspiracy theorist Pete Evans has again been fined for promoting an array of devices and drugs as miracle cures for ailments including the coronavirus.
The former Seven Network star was on Tuesday hit with $79,920 in fines for breaching advertising requirements.
Related: Pete Evans fined $80,000 by health department for alleged unlawful spruiking of devices and medicines
Authorities have sealed off a hamlet in southern India after hundreds of people ignored a coronavirus lockdown and crowded the funeral of a horse considered divine in local tradition, a government official has said.
The containment measures were introduced after around 400 people in a hamlet near the town of Gokak in Karnataka state gathered at a local Hindu monastery for the horse’s funeral on Sunday, Gokak administration official Prakash Holeppagol said.
The people believed the animal to be God’s horse… it has been at the monastery for some 23 years. We rushed to the spot once we learned about the gathering. We took help from police to seal down the place quickly.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: Austria bans flights from UK over variant fears; US advises against travel to Japan ———