- World Bank announces $12bn plan for vaccines for poor countries
- Walt Disney sheds 28,000 jobs at theme parks as pandemic bites
- Interactive: how did we get to one million deaths?
- France struggles to push Covid app as neighbours race ahead
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Belgium, one of the European countries hardest hit by the coronavirus, said today its death toll from the pandemic has surpassed 10,000.
The country, which has a population of 11.5 million, recorded 14 more deaths over the past 24 hours, taking the total to 10,001.
Israel’s parliament has today approved a law restricting demonstrations as part of a coronavirus-related state of emergency that critics say is aimed at silencing protests against prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: Belgium's death toll passes 10,000; Ukraine records daily cases high ———