- EU plans to reopen to fully Covid-vaccinated foreign tourists from June
- ‘Calamity of maternal deaths’: Covid concern grows for Brazil’s pregnant
- Australians could die in India under travel ban, medical chief warns
- Prince Harry calls for equitable distribution of Covid vaccines
- Everest Covid outbreak throws climbing season into doubt
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Yemen has received 360,000 doses from the global Covax vaccine-sharing scheme, yet many Yemenis seem reluctant to get inoculated on religious grounds, due to distrust of the vaccine, or because of the dangers of war.
“We have received 70,000 doses in Taiz and we started the vaccination campaign on 21 April,” Rajeh al-Maliki, head of Yemen’s health ministry in Taiz.
The number of daily COVID deaths in UK since the peak three months ago.
This is plotted on a logarithmic axis. A straight line on a log axis shows exponential change with a constant rate – in this case exponential decay.