- UK adds France to Covid-19 14-day quarantine list
- UK government quietly drops 1.3m Covid tests from England tally
- France says UK quarantine will lead to reciprocal measures
- Mobile crematorium in Bolivia as deaths surge
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The number of daily coronavirus cases in Tokyo has risen above the 300 mark for the first time in five days.
Japanese authorities said they had confirmed 389 new cases in the capital, nearly two-thirds of whom were aged under 40. The number of serious cases rose from three to 24.
Grant Shapps, the UK’s transport secretary, said there are currently around 160,000 British holidaymakers in France, all of whom will have to quarantine for 14 days if they return after 4am UK time on Saturday.
Travel analysts have estimated that about half a million Britons have booked to go out to France this month.