- New drug cuts deaths among patients with no Covid antibodies
- Japan could allow up to 10,000 spectators at Tokyo Olympic events
- UK again excluded from EU’s Covid-safe travel list, but US added
- Covid outbreaks in Chinese ports could cause global goods shortages
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Nearly three quarters of people in the Netherlands want mask mandates to be ended sooner, a survey has found.
Spain’s prime minister, Pedro Sánchez, has said people would be able to stop wearing masks outside “soon” but gave no firm date for the lifting of the restriction.
Masks have been compulsory on the streets and in public places since May 2020, although there are exemptions for children under the age of six, people exercising, and those with health conditions that make their use difficult or dangerous.