- Ardern under pressure over latest Auckland lockdown
- Pfizer vaccine may be less effective in people with obesity, says study
- Voices of long Covid: ‘We are the people that never recovered’
- Alarm over delays in border measures as Brazil Covid variant hits UK
- Coronavirus – latest UK updates
Tokyo has requested Beijing to stop taking anal swab tests for Covid-19 on Japanese citizens as the procedure causes psychological pain, a government spokesman said on Monday.
Reuters reported that chief cabinet secretary Katsunobu Kato said the government has not received a response that Beijing would change the testing procedure, so Japan would continue to ask China to alter the way of testing.
A Chinese state-backed hacking group has in recent weeks targeted the IT systems of two Indian vaccine makers whose coronavirus shots are being used in the country’s immunisation campaign, cyber intelligence firm Cyfirma told Reuters.
Rivals China and India have both sold or gifted COVID-19 shots to many countries. India produces more than 60% of all vaccines sold in the world.