Spain death toll passes 10,000; Italy reports 760 new deaths, taking total to 13,915, but a slower growth rate in infections; Thailand imposes national curfew
- Latest developments: at a glance
- Top European teaching hospitals running out of coronavirus drugs
- Spies and export bans: the global battle for equipment
- US coronavirus – latest updates
- See all of our coronavirus coverage
The Walt Disney Co says it will start standing down (furloughing) non-essential employees on 19 April, citing the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on its business.
The daily White House press briefing is underway. You can keep up today date with it on our US live blog here: