India records 357,229 new daily cases; IPL cricket tournament postponed; Nepal appeals for AstraZeneca doses as supplies run low; Denmark to lift some Covid restrictions
- Covid infection rates in UK ‘very encouraging’, says expert
- Vaccine shortages blight India’s efforts to contain Covid crisis
- EU plans to reopen to fully Covid-vaccinated foreign tourists from June
- US to authorise Pfizer vaccine for ages 12-15 early next week – report
- See all coronavirus coverage
The statement did not specify a date to lift the suspension, which was first announced on 22 April, Reuters reports.
Flights between the two countries will continue to allow the transport of passengers from the UAE to India.
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, the UK regulator, has said there is no evidence that drinking alcohol after a Covid vaccine interferes with how it works.
It was responding to social media reports suggesting that people should abstain from drinking for up to two weeks after a vaccine.
There is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines. We would advise anyone concerned about this to talk to their healthcare professional.