Hospitals in Indonesia’s capital Jakarta already at 75% capacity; Bangkok cancels vaccine appointments; India reports lowest cases since March
- Delaying England’s reopening ‘could keep thousands out of hospital’
- Workers making goods for west bear brunt of virus in south-east Asia
- Covid cases fall across US but experts warn of vaccine hesitancy
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
With hospitals in the capital Jakarta already at 75% capacity, Indonesia fears its rise in Covid-19 cases will reach into July, Reuters reports.
The delta variant has been spreading and become “more dominant” in Jakarta and other parts of Java.
Italy would reimpose a quarantine on travellers arriving from the UK if the Delta variant continues to rise there, prime minister Mario Draghi said.
Draghi made his remarks during a press conference at the end of the G7 in Cornwall on Sunday.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: Indonesia fears peak in July with hospitals filling; Thailand vaccine supplies disrupted ———