- Previous Covid infection may not offer long-term protection, study finds
- Japan eases Tokyo’s Covid restrictions as it prepares for Olympics
- Double-jabbed UK tourists could skip amber-list quarantine
- Ryanair and airport group launch legal action over ‘traffic light’ system
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Health officials in Africa have called for an urgent acceleration in the supply of vaccines to the continent to curb a wave of Covid-19 infections and the evolution of new, potentially dangerous variants.
The UK’s medicine regulator has extended the emergency use approval (EUA) for Innova’s lateral flow Covid-19 tests, saying it was satisfied with a review of the tests after its US counterpart issued a warning about them.
Innova’s tests have been approved for asymptomatic testing as part of England’s test and trace system. Last week the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) urged the public to stop using the test, warning its performance had not been adequately established.