- New Zealand begins mass testing as Australia records deadliest day
- Russia approves vaccine despite testing concerns
- French and Dutch on alert over rise in cases
- Lost on the frontline: the 900 US health workers who have died
- UK economy plunges into deepest recession since records began
Australia recorded its deadliest day of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday and the biggest daily rise in infections in three days, Reuters reports.
Victoria reported 21 deaths – two more than the previous deadliest days earlier this week – and 410 new cases in the past 24 hours. The new cases end a run of three consecutive days with new infections below 400 and dent hopes that a second wave gripping the state of Victoria may be stabilising.
We all know that a week is not the life cycle of this virus … and our experts remain firm in the view that this will drive the numbers down.