Lateral flow tests have allowed hauliers to travel from England to France; Indonesia records biggest daily increase in cases
- China rushes to vaccinate 50 million as holiday looms
- Testing times: how UK government fell short, again and again
- Billionaires add $1tn to net worth during pandemic as workers struggle
- ‘No time to waste’: Biden unveils $1.9tn coronavirus stimulus package
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Staff at an Irish hospital who have yet to get a date for vaccinations have recorded a message challenging the country’s health minister and stating that they have seen workers at a private hospital getting vaccinated.
“We’re so angry. We’re scared. We’re afraid.”
Nurses, doctors and staff at Nenagh Hospital – treating #COVID19 patients – say they’ve not been given a date for vaccination.
Greece could ease some restrictions and reopen shops and other parts of its economy next week after a nationwide lockdown helped contain a surge in Covid-19 infections, according to prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
The government imposed the strict lockdown, the second since the start of the pandemic, in early November following a spike in infections, mainly in northern Greece and the Athens area.