Neath Port Talbot, Torfaen and the Vale of Glamorgan face further measures; Le Monde reports 32% of outbreaks in France found in schools or universities
- Regular ‘circuit breaker’ lockdowns ‘could help control Covid’
- Minister refuses to guarantee students will be home for Christmas
- Boris Johnson faces revolt over forcing through Covid measures
- Australia: ‘We should not pretend everybody is suffering equally’
- See all our coronavirus coverage
France registered 11,123 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, Reuters reports.
The total number of cases now stands at 538,569, health ministry data showed. The number of people who have died from the infection increased by 27 to 31,727.
Greece has recorded its first coronavirus fatality among its large migrant community.
Health authorities described the victim as a 61-year-old Afghan man, saying the father-of-two succumbed to Covid-19 in Athens’ Evangelismos hospital after being moved from Malakassa, a refugee camp east of the capital.