- India begins world’s biggest Covid vaccination programme
- Global coronavirus death toll reaches 2 million people
- UK shuts travel corridors and requires negative Covid tests to enter
- German vaccine officials forced to guess who is eligible from names
- For all our coronavirus coverage
Hello everyone, it is Yohannes Lowe here. I am taking over the live blog from Damien for an hour or so, so feel free to drop me a message on Twitter for coverage suggestions.
Nearly three quarters of black people in the UK have said they are unlikely to consent to Covid-19 vaccination, a survey has found. Linda Geddes, a Guardian science correspondent, has the story:
Historical issues of unethical healthcare research, and structural and institutional racism and discrimination, are key reasons for lower levels of trust in the vaccination programme, a report from Sage said.
The figures come from the UK Household Longitudinal Study, which conducts annual interviews to gain a long-term perspective on British people’s lives.