- Nearly 20m receive first dose of Covid vaccine in the UK
- FDA approves Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine
- Concerns grow as UK Covid testing labs scaled back before even opening
- House approves $1.9tn Covid aid bill despite minimum wage setback
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban has been vaccinated with a coronavirus vaccine developed by China’s Sinopharm, Orban announced on his official Facebook page on Sunday.
Iran’s health ministry said the country’s coronavirus fatalities went past the 60,000 mark on Sunday, as the Islamic republic battles the Middle East’s worst outbreak of the illness.
“Sadly in the past 24 hours, 93 people lost their lives to Covid-19, and total deaths from this disease reached 60,073,” health ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said in a televised address reported by AFP.