- UK deaths down from Wednesday’s record high
- Greece presses case for vaccine passports but other EU states wary
- Covid vaccines and immunity: does past infection help?
- China records first Covid death since May as WHO team arrives in Wuhan
- Up to 1m Hindus gather in India as festival goes ahead amid Covid fears
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here’s a quick recap of the latest coronavirus developments across the globe over the last few hours:
Britain reported 1,248 new deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test on Thursday, down from a record high of more than 1,500 the previous day.
The number of people in the UK to have been given a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine as of 13 January is 2,918,252, according to Public Health England, a rise of 278,943 from the figures published on Wednesday.