- England hotel quarantine begins for arrivals from high-risk countries
- Daily new Covid cases in US dip below 100,000 for first time in months
- England ministers flatly reject Tory demands to end Covid controls by May
- Vaccine hesitancy among England health workers ‘may undermine rollout’
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Russia has reported 14,207 new cases of coronavirus, including 1,818 in Moscow, taking the national infection tally to 4,086,090 since the pandemic began.
According to Reuters, the country’s coronavirus taskforce said 394 people had died in the last 24 hours, pushing the official national death toll to 80,520.
Vietnam is to put 2 million people under new coronavirus restrictions from Tuesday after a new outbreak in a northern province of the country.
Residents of Hai Duong province have been ordered to stay at home for 15 days, state media reported, according to the French news agency AFP, as a nation widely praised for its handling of the pandemic struggles to extinguish a troubling new outbreak.
Since late January, Vietnam has recorded 637 locally transmitted coronavirus cases, including 461 in Hai Duong province alone.
“People (in Hai Duong) are asked to stay at home and only go out when necessary, such as to buy food or medicine, or to work at factories or production establishments that are not being asked to close,” said the official mouthpiece of Vietnam’s health ministry, Suc Khoe Doi Song.