Boris Johnson has ordered officials to work-up a plan for avoiding a second national lockdown; Hundreds of ‘mystery cases’ have forced decision in Australian state; South Africa’s cases pass 500,000. Follow the latest updates
- Victoria announces stage four coronavirus lockdown in Melbourne
- Masks recommended in more circumstances in New South Wales
- Melbourne’s stage 3 Covid-19 lockdown rules explained
- The week Covid-19 roared back in Europe
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here are the key developments from the last few hours:
Boris Johnson has ordered officials to work-up a plan for avoiding a second national lockdown, according to reports.
Prime Minister is considering asking the elderly to shield once again and is mulling lockdown-like conditions for London should there be a second wave of coronavirus infections, The Sunday Telegraph and The Sunday Times said.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus live news: Victoria declares state of disaster and nightly curfew for Melbourne ———