Lab says none of three bat viruses match Covid-19; new witnesses cast doubt on Cummings’s lockdown claims; WHO says pandemic ‘taking different pathway’ in Africa. Follow the latest updates
- Morrison urges state leaders to justify economic damage from ongoing border restrictions
- Wuhan lab says its bat strains were not Covid-19 as US nears 100,00 deaths
- America begins to unlock for summer – but is it inviting a second wave?
- New witnesses cast doubt on Dominic Cummings’s lockdown claims
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Tens of thousands of poor households are being denied extra support designed to ease the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, after being hit by the government’s benefit cap.