- How did Covid slip through Taiwan’s defences?
- More than 80% of Japanese oppose hosting Olympics
- Modi under fire over India’s Covid second wave
- What threat does Indian Covid variant pose?
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
India has found 26 suspected cases of bleeding and clotting among recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine, describing the risk as “minuscule” out of the 164 million doses administered.
This is the first time India has reported any serious reaction to the use of the jab, branded locally as Covishield, Reuters reports.
The Netherlands will ease its coronavirus lockdown measures this week as the rollout of Covid-19 vaccinations has eased pressure on hospitals, health minister Hugo de Jonge said.
Amusement parks and zoos will be allowed to reopen as of Wednesday, while outdoor service at bars and restaurants will be extended by two hours until 8pm.