- EU could ban travellers from Britain to contain Covid variants
- Covid cases may have stopped falling, major English survey shows
- Euro 2020: Uefa ‘thinking about’ switching tournament to one country
- France may follow Germany in making clinical masks mandatory
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
Two Belgian men left unemployed by the coronavirus pandemic have reinvented themselves as the “Covid boys”, disinfecting public surfaces and patrolling Brussels to encourage social distancing and mask wearing.
Edouard de Vos, 27, and Oscar Briou, 26, have stationed themselves in the centre of the Belgian capital dressed in chemical protection suits and gloves and armed with disinfectant, tape measures, sponges and a touch of humour.
Indonesia has just reported 346 deaths from Covid-19, hitting a new record for the second time this week, as hospitals in the Southeast Asian nation come under increasing strain from the coronavirus pandemic.
Data from Indonesia’s Covid-19 taskforce showed that deaths now total 27,203, while confirmed cases reached 951,651, among the highest in Asia.