- Barr’s comments come after Trump called for states to be liberated
- Trump urges Congress to pass coronavirus relief bill
- Cuomo says White House meeting will focus on testing
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
The Senate and the White House have finalized the next coronavirus relief bill, which allocates nearly $500 billion in funding for small business loans, hospitals and testing.
The largest portion of the funds, more than $320 billion, will go to the small business loan program known as the Paycheck Protection Program.
Nearly half of Americans now say they or someone in their household has lost a job or income due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to a newly released poll from the Pew Research Center, 43% of Americans say their household has suffered a job loss or a cut in pay since the start of the coronavirus crisis, marking a 10-point increase from a month ago.