- Vice-president says he is not taking anti-malaria drug
- Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine despite FDA warnings
- Strikes erupt as US essential workers demand protection amid pandemic
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
The vice president’s office distributed his full answer about not taking hydroxychloroquine, even though the president has apparently been using the drug in recent days.
“I would never begrudge any American taking the advice of their physician,” Mike Pence told Fox News in an interview at NASA’s Washington headquarters.
Pressed on his admission that he has been using hydroxychloroquine, the president claimed a study indicating the anti-malaria drug was not an effective coronavirus treatment was a “Trump enemy statement.”
“It was a Trump enemy statement” — Trump dismisses doctors who have warned about possible bad consequences of hydroxychloroquine and insists he knows better pic.twitter.com/CiyTtOBJlu
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Coronavirus US live: Mike Pence says he is not taking hydroxychloroquine ———