- Thai prisons holding democracy activists drive record Covid figures
- ‘Increasing concern’ over India variant in UK says Boris Johnson
- UK: Reports that Sage will meet on Thursday to discuss India variant
- Scores more bodies of suspected Covid victims found in Indian rivers
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Speaking at a primary school in Ferryhill, County Durham, he added:
At the moment there is a very wide range of scientific opinion about what could happen. We want to make sure we take all the prudential, cautious steps now that we could take, so there are meetings going on today to consider exactly what we need to do. There is a range of things we could do, we are ruling nothing out.
The European Commission expects to soon finish work on a Covid-19 certificate that would allow citizens to travel more easily this summer in the 27-nation bloc, the EU executive said on Tuesday after a meeting with European affairs ministers.