- Cain attended reelection campaign rally in Oklahoma
- Mnuchin: Trump administration has no regrets about reopening push
- Trump has ‘gone awol’ as president amid pandemic, says ex-CIA director
- Ghislaine Maxwell ‘assisted in abuse of minor girls’ says FBI co-head
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
A reader called attention to this Guardian article from August 2019 about Ghislaine Maxwell and her father, Robert Maxwell. The article, “The murky life and death of Robert Maxwell – and how it shaped his daughter Ghislaine” offers more insight into Ghislaine and her background.
Here is a snippet:
For Oxford-educated Ghislaine, the youngest of his nine children, Maxwell’s money had provided status and a ticket to the elite. She was dispatched to New York initially as a meeter-and-greeter, to pave her father’s way when he bought the Daily News. After his death, she made it her home. She soon became part of Epstein’s inner circle and remained there for more than a decade. The two were reportedly briefly an item; they remained close.
The Southern District of New York is pushing to keep Ghislaine Maxwell in jail for her arrest.
SDNY wants to keep Ghislaine Maxwell in jail, in a detention memo stating she:
* traveled at least 15x internationally in the last three years, including to the UK, Japan, and Qatar.
* more than 15 bank accounts tied to her from 2016 to present, with accounts up to $20M. pic.twitter.com/PRDuKEIVFe
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Herman Cain tests positive for Covid-19 after attending Trump's Tulsa rally – live ———