- Record-breaking hurricane made landfall with 150mph winds
- Pence claims US would be unsafe under Biden in dark speech
- Kenosha police officer who shot Jacob Blake named
- 1,187 new coronavirus deaths and 44,877 new cases reported yesterday
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
Some Michigan residents received a racist robocall with false information about mail-in voting, the state’s attorney general and top election official said Thursday.
Jocelyn Benson, Michigan’s secretary of state, said Thursday that voters in Detroit had received the message, which appears to be an obvious attempt to scare Black voters away from casting a mail-in ballot. It was not immediately clear how many people received the call in Michigan, a battleground state in the presidential election.
From the White House this hour, Donald Trump is at the Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters, hearing about efforts by the government to assist in Louisiana as Hurricane Laura continues to roar north.
The president said he expects to visit the area this weekend.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Hurricane Laura: Louisiana faces high winds as storm moves deeper inland – live ———